Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our first trip to the ER...


Well we had our first trip to the ER yesterday. We were visiting my sister-in-law and the kids were playing on the floor with Leo laying next to them. Leo was kinda weird the whole trip- he was being very protective and not wanting to let us out of his sight, kinda following us all over the place. I don't think he was very happy about being brought along- outside of his comfort zone he was nervous. Anyway my sister-in-law's cat came over to visit the kids and apparently Leo didn't like it and started growling at the cat, who then took a swipe at him and caught Xander's face instead. I of course had gone to the bathroom while this all happened and in the ensuing commotion my sister-in-law is yelling at me to come quick cause"it's really bad" so I am scrambling to pull my pants up as I run out into the kitchen to find her holding a big bloody rag over half of Xander's face... Anyway he's ok, a little banged up and bruised but the Dr tells me that he shouldn't hopefully have any scarring b/c he is so young. He's getting antibiotics now to prevent infection but he didn't need any stiches.

2 comments:

christina said...

OH my - he looks so pitiful!

I am so glad it wasnt more serious and didnt get his actual eye.

wishing for a speedy recover!

Vanessa and Greg said...

Poor Xander. That must have been so scary! Glad to hear he is going to be a-okay.