Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Maggie is 14 weeks old!

Well little miss is officially 14 weeks old and survived my first weekend back to work without too much difficulty- at least on her part.  I'm not sure Frank was entirely unscathed. We are still working on figuring out what her routines are going to be and how much and when she is going to be eating. That way I can make sure she has enough pumped milk to last the night without Frank having to defrost milk in the middle of the night. She is a very happy baby for the most part and just lights up every time she sees me so that makes me feel like a million bucks!

I've been working on several baby presents recently.  I have 2 baby showers in the next week and another friend due early next month. What is it with January babies this year? My baby presents of choice recently have been little vests- perfect for these winter babies. I've done a Milo and a Little Pearl so far. For one I made a hat and booties to go with and the other just a hat so far.  I'm not sure I have enough yarn to make booties. I'm going to move onto my third vest now and then come back and see if I have enough time and yarn to squeeze out a pair of booties too. I went back and forth about the hat vs booties dilema but decided that in most cases people would probably prefer a hat over booties.

Not much going on on the reading front these days.  With my return to work and the craziness of Christmas I'm feeling like I am drowning a little under the dishes, laundry, pumping, etc.  I'm using my knitting as mediation and hopefully I will have time to pick up some reading in the next few months.

Come and yarn along with us at Ginny's place.





No comments: