Thursday, November 19, 2009

Xander's 18 month apt and James' 2 month apt

So mommy survived a marathon trip to the Dr today! I couldn't decide if it would be better to go twice or just to get it all over with in one whack so I went with the one whack approach and we survived! So today Xander weighs 22 lbs 13 oz, is 31 in tall and has a head circumference of 18 1/4 in- which ta da puts him in the gasp 10% percentile! Whoo hoo we broke into the double digits! James weighs 12 lbs 10 oz- eeek, thsat means he weighs half as much as his MUCH older brother! He is 23 1/4 in long(apparently he got all the tall genes) and his head circumference was 15 3/4 in. This puts hjim 50-60th% for size. Everyone got shots- routine vaccines for James and Xander got flu shots and a DTAP- we put off the rest of his vaccines so he didn't have to get too many shots today and since he has to go back for the 2nd dose of the H1N1 in a month he can get the last routine vaccine then. So after the dr everyone came home and took a nap- wheew. But both boys were seriously cranky when they woke up. James screamed for an hour straight- which is very unlike him, but he was passing some stinky gas so I don't know if it was the shots or the gas that was bothering him. He finally chilled after being in the moby for awhile. Turns out Xander's problem was that he was hungry but I was so distracted with James' screaming that it took me longer than usually to figure it out. Everyone is quiet now though- yeah!

And to all those who say how much bigger James is than Xander I will remind you that at 2 months Xander was 12lbs 4 oz and was 23 1/2 in long so he weighed about the same and was 1/4 in longer! So we'll see what happens when he starts crawling/walking. I'm so curiopus whether I'll have 2 skinny kids or whether Xander will be wearing James' hand me downs!

So we are all packed for MO and I am so impressed with myself that I managed to pack all our stuff into 2 suitcases and 2 carryons with a little room to spare for those added things I am sure I will think of tomorrow! All that is left is to pack the tolietry bag- and even better all bags are underweight! Too bad that when I checked in for our flight Frank ended up in the B group- luckily I am and A so we can still board earlier- it doesn't really matter as long as we get to sit together and with 2 little ones I am sure everyone else on the plane will want us to sit together too!

Well Xander is awfully quiet so I had better see what trouble he is getting into!

No comments: