Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Versatile Blogger :)


Hey so you see that big banner at the top here... one of my fellow bloggers awarded me with the Versatile Blogger award! That someone is Molly Bee and you can visit here blog here.  You should go and check out her really impressive artwork.  Thank you so much Molly Bee!

The deal is that by accepting the award I must:
1. Thank the blogger who presented it to me and link back to their page.
2. Share 7 things about myself.
3. Pass this award to 15 newly discovered blogs.

So #1 is already taken care of now I have to find 7 interesting things to tell you all about myself.  Hopefully I don't bore you all to tears....
1. For years and years and years my mother tried to teach me how to knit.  She has always been a fantastic knitter and tried to pass her love of knitting onto me but somehow I could never manage to finish even a simple garter stitch scarf.  Then after my first child was born we were using cloth diapers and he was such a super soaker that nothing was keeping him dry at nighttime.  I wanted to try wool soakers thinking that would help keep him dry but also help his skin breathe because he was getting terrible rashes. The problem being that purchased wool soakers were more expensive than I could afford. I figured I was crafty so I could just make some.  Thanks to Pimp my Longies a new obsession was born!
2.The last 4.5 years is the longest I have lived in one place in my entire life. Seriously.  I have moved a LOT!  Until I was almost 30 I have felt a strong sense of wanderlust- In the US I have lived in Illinois, Maryland, Maine, and New Hampshire. Abroad I have lived in Ireland, Belgium, France, Russia, and Senegal. We have worked on building a life on our little farm here but the good old wanderlust still strikes sometimes.
3.  I met my husband at the West African Invitational Softball Tournament in Dakar, Senegal when we were both Peace Corps Volunteers.
4. I am a really terrible housekeeper.  The nice thing about a blog is that I can pick and chose which photos/videos you see of my house but don't look too closely in the background of any of them because you will probably see an enormous mess! I'd rather be knitting or doing just about anything than cleaning.
5. We live on a farm.  I didn't really think this was a big secret but I am amazed at how many people in the "real" world don't seem to know this. So just to set the record straight we have cows, sheep, ducks, chickens, geese, pigs, and a couple dogs to boot.  And if anyone has any good advice at how to keep the fox away from my chickens I will gladly accept it!
6. I have 2 major addictions in life: knitting and coke zero.
7. Xander likes me because I give him "hot dogs with ketchup and ice cream." I wish I were three!

And for the third and final part, some of my old favorites and newly discovered blogs.

1. He Sows and She Sews (Knitting, Homeschooling, Parenting, Frugal Living)
2. Small Things (Knitting, Reading, Homeschooling, Catholic Faith, Photography)
3. Patch O' Dirt Farm (Knitting, Rural living, Catholic Faith)
4. Soule Mama (Knitting, Homeschooling, Rural Living)
5. Living the Scripture (Knitting, Catholic Living)
6. A Knitter's Notebook (Knitting)
7. Plain and Joyful Living (Fiber arts, Rural Living)
8. Fishsticks and Fries (Sewing, Tutorials, Wonderful Patterns)
9.  Our Field of Little Flowers (Knitting, Homeschooling, Catholic Living)
10. Three Little Knitted Frogs (Knitting, Mom to BOYS)
11. All Twisted Up (Sewing, Parenting, Cloth Diapering, Gardening)
12. Frontier Dreams (Knitting, Natural Living, Photography)
13. UK lass in US (Sewing, Crafting)
14. Pimp My Longies (an oldie by a goodie- this is where I found my first knitting project)
15. Confessions of a Yarn Addict (Knitting, Mom to Boys- previous versatile blogger but I had to include her again b/c I love her tag line "I like Yarn. Sue me." Ditto!)

Apparently I like to read knitting blogs....

No comments: