Wednesday, February 17, 2010

chuggin along...

So we've just been chuggin along.... James has had goopy eyes this week and this morning woke up with full blown infected tear ducts on both eyes- so on the way home from work I will have to pick him up some eye drops. He's going to love that! I've spoken to the phone nurse at the MD's office 3 times in the last week! It's getting a bit ridiculous. On the plus side despite the goopy eyes he seems to be feeling better in term sof having a cold- he's back to sleeping 5 or so hours at a time so that makes me very happy! The other day he lay in bed and played with his toes and coo'ed I swear for like 30 minutes and then he just fell asleep. I love my happy baby! I can't believe he will be 5 months old tomorrow. In developmental news he is holding his own bottle and sitting up with minimal support.

In farm news we received our chicks yesterday from McMurrays. 30 baby chicks- eek! Well actually it was 31 but we had one transport casualty. So we had 25 brown egg layers, 3 silver laced wynadottes, 2 araucanas, and 1 unknown exotic chick- all female except the unknown rare one (it was free) which could be female but who knows at this point. We're not exactly sure which one died- I think it may have been one of the araucanas which would be unfortunate since we only got 2. The only ones I identified for sure were the turken (we have one), the light brahmas (we have 2 of those), and the silver laced wyandottes (there are 3). Other than that I haven't officially identified all of the other yet. I think we have quite a few white stars and maybe a couple buff orpingtons or NH reds- hopefully they will demonstrate some more definitive characteristics soon. We have 10 Khaki Campbell ducks coming sometime this week so that should complete the fowl for this year. We had one more muscovy casualty- the chocolate drake unfortunetly but at least we still have the black drake so we'll still get babies. But in any case we should have more than enough birds!

We have Xander's speech eval tomorrow morning so hopefully that will go well. Updates after...

No comments: