Saturday, February 27, 2010

love...


When I was pregnant with James I couldn't imagine how my heart could expand to love this new baby as much as I adored Alexander but I have to say it does! I am just so in love with this little man it is ridiculous! I love the way he just lays in my arms and stares adoringly up at me with his little hand caressing my face (until he grabs my hair that is...). I love his infectious laugh and his beautiful (as yet to be determined color) eyes. And the way he snuffles into my neck when I am finished feeding him. And the way he reaches for me when someone else is holding him and how he smiles at me when he hasn't seen me in awhile. Yesterday when I got home from work and I got him up he just gave me this wonderful sleepy smile that made my heart melt a little.
I love each of my boys in their own special way. I love when Xander wakes up first thing in the morning and he is all cuddly and cozy. I love watching him play with his stuffed animals (a new found fascination) and pet them and hug them. I love the way he will sit in your lap and turn the pages of his book. I love the way he tilts his head to the side as if to see the world from a different angle. I love hearing him say new words and trying to figure out what the heck they mean! And when he says "what or where" and throws his hands out to the side I love the way that he loves his brother. I was thinking about this the other day and realized that they are never apart! Frank and I are away from them when we are at work but the two of them are always together- whether they are home with me or home with Frank or home with Nan or at daycare they always have each other. I hope that that will foster a special bond between them. I wonder how Alexander will handle going to school and leaving his baby behind... They are so sweet together (when they aren't beating on each other- hence the bruise on James' forehead- but he is getting big enough to fight back). Frank had them in the playroom the other day and I swear they were wrestling with each other and James was egging Xander on!
Well I guess this is enough cheese for now!

No comments: