Thursday, March 4, 2010

James gets cereal...


So as some of you may know I hate and I mean HATE (hate. hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. hate, etc) the baby food stage. So not my favorite part of child rearing- thank goodness Frank doesn't mind so much. It isn't the preparing or anything- I will gladly make my own baby food but I just can't stand feeding it. It's messy, gross, nasty, time-consuming, annoying, and obnoxious so I have been puttin git off with James as long as possible! But the last few days he has been super fussy , wanting to eat constantly, pair that with Xander and myself not feeling well and you get a stressed, sleep deprived (even more so than usual) mommy who is willing to try anythig to have 5 minutes without a crying child. Looking back now though I swear we went through the same thing with Xan about the same age. So this morning I gave James some cereal and it wasn't as bad as I remember it being- yet! He took it alright despite some pretty yucky faces but didn't seem all that interested in it so... I think he is going through a growth spurt and with his constant nursing hopefully he will bump up my milk supply to help him along- twice this week we have given him bottles of breastmilk in addition to nursing to get him to simmer down.
In other James news is is now rolling over belly to back- that started mon or tues, he is sitting up unassisted for short periods and he has started scooting across the floor. So far the scooting is without purpose but I am waiting for the army crawling to begin- sigh...

No comments: