Honestly I can't say that I have been doing much reading or knitting the last few weeks. We have been very busy putting the house back together after having the floors redone- that is still very much a work in progress. James room is still in need a lots of little details- paint touch ups, trim being replaced, etc. We've been getting to it bit by bit. The boys had a blast with their Nan for school vacation but luckily there wasn't too much drama getting them back into routine at home. James seems excited about his new "big boy" room so hopefully we can get it done in the near future before the excitement wears off.
I feel as though I haven't gotten a lot done recently but we were extremely busy at work and between working extra hours, meetings, and general craziness I worked like 8 days in a row. Then of course I felt lousy for the next three days as I tried to catch up on sleep. Poor Frank and the boys were subjected to a very cranky and icky feeling mommy for a few days. Yesterday I was feeling better but we spent the day in Nashua with Nan visiting the dentist and doing our biyearly shopping in the "big" city so we didn't get much done at home. The boys and I were in bed by 7:30! Today I finally feel like I got my groove back and we made progress in cleaning and getting the house back in order. Of course tomorrow James has gym and swim and Thursday I go back to work so... I guess it's good that I had at least one productive day.
All that being said I did get some knitting done. I finally finished this hat for a fellow diva. It's always fun to test patterns for people- although really I think I am not a fast enough knitter to make it feasible most of the time. I used the leftovers from Baby B's layette to make this hat. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of yarn for the layette and I guess I got a little overzealous because I had three balls leftover! So hat making ensued... besides I always feel like cables show off better on a solid colored yarn. Anyway I am planning on making an aran bodysuit from this pattern as a baby gift so I'll call this a warm up in cabling. I actually like the finished product but I am not sure who it is for yet...
After finishing that hat I started on another baby gift (can you tell it's been raining babies around here) from this pattern. This one is knitting up really quickly so that is a welcome change from all those cables. The knitting part of this is super easy but we'll see how the construction part goes. I feel like there should have been a way to knit the front and back in one piece rather than 2- or to knit it in the round- but I definitely plan on joining the shoulders with a Kitchener rather than the 3 needle bind off the pattern calls for. I tried to wrap my brain around a way to just loop over and knit the front and back together in one piece but of course the back and front have a different # of stitches at the shoulder to allow for the hood join- if I had knit the back first it might have worked out better but I didn't think that far ahead. Actually I have made several changes as I have gone along so hopefully it doesn't work out to be a total disaster! We'll find out soon enough!
Happy Knitting- come join us at Ginny's place.