Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Yarn Along

I'm yarning along with Ginny and the crew at Small Things again this week- come and join the fun!
So this week I finished my second pair of testers for Amy Little Lounger's Pattern in bulky weight yarn. I did the newborn size in malabrigo chunky again but this pair came out much better! It really helps when you read the pattern correctly! The first pair are perfectly serviceable but the rise is way too long to fit a normal size newborn. I always find that too big is better than too small so they can be used but the fit isn't going to be the best.  This time despite some frogging because initially I forgot to size up my needles when I finished the waistband I got the rise just right and amazingly they fit SO much better! Baby B graced us with his arrival Sunday morning at 5:40 am weighing in at 8lbs 9oz so he made a very nice model for me. These are some very green longies so I dug around on the Internet until I found someone willing to sell me some grass green giraffe fabric so that I can make a matching shirt.  It's going to be super cute!
I finished the last 2 books in the Hunger Games series this week- Catching Fire and Mockingjay. They were both good, full of action and adventure, but I do feel like Hunger Games is the best book of the three. Hunger Games ends in such a way that you want to know what is going to happen next. While the next 2 books deliver on that promise I think that the first book is the most thought provoking while the last 2 are great adventure books but aren't as morally challenging. Still I can see how they would make great movies!  I hope someday to be able to see the movies but at this point in our lives going to the theater is just not possible- we'll have to wait until they are available on Netflix!

Happy Knitting and Reading!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Tres cute pants!

Heather said...

I actually can't figure out how they made a pg-13 movie out of the first book...to me it didn't really seem like a kids book, but what do I know. And going to the movies...absolutely impossible. Everything is so expensive these days...

EMMA said...

Love the pants, they look so comfortable! My 3 year old will only wear sweat pants as they are soft and stretchy, do you think the larger size would fit him? We are going to a wedding soon and I need to find some thing nice for him to wear!!

christina said...

Cute pants- you are very talented! I went to see hunger games with a friend yesterday - they really did the book justice. Most of it was exactly how I pictured it in my head.

Anke said...

The pants turned out really cute! I enjoyed the Hunger Games books and we even went to see the movie. We all thought it was ok, but liked the books much better.

Donna said...

Those pants are adorable! I enjoyed Hunger Games and am ready to move onto the 2nd and 3rd books soon. I have heard from many people that the 1st is the best though.

Unknown said...

The pants are so cute! I love them! I'm about 1/4 way through Mockingjay. I feel as you do about the series. Book 1 was awesome. 2 was pretty good. I'm having a hard time getting into book 3. But they are very good overall!

A Faithful Journey said...

Love the color of the little pants. I have been hearing that alot about The Hunger Games...that the first one is the best of all three. That is the only one I have read! :) Still waiting to see the movie here as well. Most likely won't until it comes to redbox!