Monday, October 15, 2012

Finding our routine....

So I don't know if it because I am getting to be an old fart or because I was so depleted due to all the intestinal issues I was having when she was born or because now I am the mom to three kids, but I have found this recovery to be harder than with the boys.  All things considered Mags is a good baby although she does have a habit of waking up at 4am and taking like 90 minutes to go back to sleep.  So by the time she is back asleep the boys are starting to wake up... so no more sleep for me! Pretty much though she sleeps and she eats and she pees and poops and does all the things a newborn baby is supposed to do. So I guess I feel like I should have been back to my old self sooner but she is almost three weeks old and I am just in the last day or so feeling like a normal human being again instead of a sleepwalking zombie!

Cooking dinner every night seems to be beyond me at this point (thanks goodness for friends/neighbors who have been bringing us food) but every few days I can manage the crockpot. I finally got on top of the never ending rounds of laundry and dishes.  I'm truly amazed at how much laundry I can do and there is always more. Maggie's favorite trick seems to be spitting up on me the second I have changed into clean clothes. I never really used receiving blankets with the boys but I am using a lot with her because she also seems to like pausing in the middle of a feeding and letting the milk just run out of the side of her mouth until she is ready to start sucking again.  I don't complain too much because I am just happy to have plenty of milk for her but she really is a messy eater. Nursing finally seems to be pain free.  I don't remember being sore with Xander and with James I don't remember it taking this long to get better, but thankfully we seemed to have moved passed the toe-curling pain because pumping and bottle-feeding was really starting to sound like a good idea!

My goal is to update the blog with photos and updates at least once a week so I can have a week by week picture diary for Maggie like I did with the boys but we'll have to see how that goes... I still haven't done James' 3 yr well child update and his appointment was over a week ago!  It's coming I promise...

1 comment:

reba alice said...

love reading all the updates and the whole birth story. she's a beautiful little girl!!! :) can't wait to meet her.