Friday, December 11, 2009

James is 12 weeks old!

I can't believe that James is already 12 weeks old! I can't believe it is already time for me to go back to work! In some ways I am ready- it will be nice to have to use my brain again and to actually be able to engage in conversation instead of having to unravel Xander's babbling and to get a paycheck but I am sad to see this time with my boys come to an end. I hate the idea of someone else raising my kids but at the same time I know myself well enough to realize that I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom. Kudos to all you SAHMs b/c I just can't do it! So back to work Sat night- hopefully I haven't forgotten how to do my job and I can manage to stay up all night long!

James is becoming such a big boy these days. He spending less time sleeping and more time soaking it all in. He has the best smile and always seems to grin at you when you need a little pick me up. He's cooing a lot now too- more so than I remember Xander doing at that age. He recognizes me and Frank and always gives us big grins. I love it when first thing in the morning we wake up together and he looks up and me and smiles- then crys b/c he is starving! He hasn't been so great about taking a bottle the few times we have tried it so here's hoping for Frank's sake that he figures it out quickly otherwise Daddy is going to have a rough weekend. He's already trying to sit up- not at all sucessfully of course- but he keeps trying to pull himself more upright whenever you are sitting with him. I'm not ready for another early walker but I'm not sure with Xander as an example that James will be content to just sit aorund- he's going to need to learn to get out of the way of the older brother! He has finally found his hands though. He still own't take a paci but had taken to sucking on his index and middle finger. It doeasn't work when he gets really t'd off but at least he is able to self soothe a bit. I'm working on getting him to nap in the crib b/c I'm guessing we'll try to transition to the crib at night fairly soon.


Xander is getting so grown up... we had his 18 month photos taken last week and he looks like a little boy instead of a baby. I was looking at his 12 montha nd 18 month photos side by side and realizing that my oldest baby isn't really a baby any more. He running around and climbing comnstantly and pretty soon I swear he is going to just spit out full sentances. He is saying a few words now but he babbles on and on like he is ahving a conversation with you and gets very upset when you don't understand. he does a lot of pointing and saying see and this- although I am not sure he actually means see and this when he is pointing. He is saying ball very consistently now (and insistently) and yesterday I think we mastered the concept of more but he hasn't got it down consistently. Da da he has had for awhile but he finally managed ma ma and of course every morning Hi James! I can't tell if he totally adores his baby brother or if he is just keeping his enemies close!

No comments: