Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Maggie is 7 weeks old!

My precious little chub!
 My precious little Magdalen is 7 weeks old today. How time flies! She is smiling a lot these days and every once in a while make the the most wonderful little cooing noises. She is such a chub with the most kissable cheeks.  We went to a meeting at my work yesterday and when I put her on the scale she weighed in at 12lbs 4 oz so she is maintaining her 1/2 lb per week weight gain right now. We are heading to MO today to visit Grandma and Grandpa so that should be fun.  We get to have a nice long visit this year so hopefully we'll get the chance to do some fun things with the boys. Our plan is to go to the St Louis Zoo- so prayers for at least one nice weather day!
 
We had a minor/major knitting catastrophe this week.  I started on a pair of mittens for Xander and  finished the first one no problem.  I was running short on yarn but I thought I could eke it out. So since I finished the one mitten late at night I left my knitting stuff out on the end table in the living room. Now usually the boys know better than to touch my knitting or my knitting accessories but for some particular reason the next morning when Xander got up he thought it would be a good idea to take my scissors to what remained of the skein of orange. He then proceeded to cut the entire skein into itty bitty pieces. I thought I was going to have a stroke when I went to go pick up the skein the next morning and it all fell apart in my hands. Amazingly he managed to leave a few longer pieces and the orange was just the accent stripe so I was able to piece together a second mitten, but you'll notice one mitten has more of a green thumb b/c I couldn't eke it out that far.  Needless to say I don't think Xander will be touching my knitting again anytime soon since he landed himself in a massive timeout and a ban on all access to scissors for the foreseeable future.
 
As for reading I did start in on Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.  I've read the entire Outlander series before. I heard that she is coming out with a new book in the series next year and it's been so long since I read them I felt like it would be nice to have a refresher course before I get the new one.  Plus since I have read them before they don't really require my absolute attention in case I get distracted... because that never happens with three small children in the house (please hear the sarcasm dripping).  
 
I'm yarning along with Ginny again over at Small Things so come and see all the lovely knitting!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Your mittens are lovely. My son has chopped up my skeins before too, oh my, such a disaster. So glad you were able to finish them. I love the colors.

reba alice said...

ahhh xander! maggie is cute as ever. cannot wait to meet her next month. safe travels to MO :)

kerri.warmus said...

I had a similar experience...was trying out sewing a pair of shorts for my son completely by hand with finished seams and everything. They were nearly complete when I made the mistake of leaving them out on an end table with scissors nearby. I was only out of the room for about 5 minutes and returned to find that my 3-year-old had cut the shorts up. Oh well! At least he didn't cut himself.