Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Maggie is 9 weeks old!

Sweet Maggie is growing like a weed.  She had her 2 month well child visit the other day and weighed in at 12lbs 8 oz which puts her in the 74th percentile for weight. She was 23 inches long which outs her in the 68th percentile for height.  I'm glad she slowed down her growing a little bit though because she has so many cute 3 month clothes that I would hate for her not to be able to wear any of them if she grew too fast. She was a trooper on the way back from Missouri.  Only got fussy once and slept most of the way home.  She is still pretty much projectile spitting at least once a day still but she managed not to do it on the plane. She also still has a nice green boogery nose but she doesn't appear to be sick at all.  Her doctor said it was possible that she could have a sinus infection but it would be highly unlikely in a child of her age especially since she doesn't appear to be sick or have a fever. She doesn't seem to spit up as much if I suck out her nose each night before bed so I guess we'll keep doing that even though she really doesn't like it!  At least her ears looked good so no ear infections yet.

I finished my Multnomah last week. I love how the pattern lends itself to the yarn and it looks very oceany to me.  I wish the shawl were a bit bigger- although I guess I could have made it bigger if I had more yarn.  I did add two extra feather and fan pattern repeats.  It very nicely covers my shoulders but not much else.  Also somehow it doesn't seem to want to stay wrapped around my neck to use like a scarf.  Still it's a lovely little shawl.

 I'm reading Burn by Linda Howard for fun.  Linda Howard is one of my favorite fun reading authors.  Her stories are always interesting, a little unique, and quick reads.  We are also getting ready to celebrate the beginning of advent this year. Frank's mother is here visiting for the month so we'd thought we begin the traditon of the Jesse Tree with the boys.  They are old enough to begin understanding and they enjoy stories. We'll probably combine reading from this book with The Usborne Little Book of Stories from the Old Testament because that book is more in story form as opposed to direct readings from the Bible.

Happy Advent (starting Sunday) and come yarn along with us over at Ginny's place.

No comments: