Thursday, August 18, 2011

Here come the floors...

August 18, Day 11: 10 days, 7 cans of paint, 3 cans of spackle, 2 paintbrushes, 3 rollers, 3 foam brushes, 1 can of finish, 1 can of polyurethane, a whole lot of sandpaper, 1 ceiling fan, 3 light switches, 1 phone jack, 6 outlets, and a lot of man...uhem woman power and we are ready for some new floors. Tomorrow should be a big exciting day. The carpenter is coming to lay the floor at 7am and hopefully he will be finished by the time they deliver the mattress sometime between 12-1 (for the first time ever I am hoping that a delivery company will be late....). If they arrive with the mattress before the floor is done it is really not a big deal because we'll just park it in the living room with the rest of our bedroom furniture. But if the floor is finished then they will set it all up for us! Too bad I have to work tomorrow night so I won't get to sleep in my new bed. I am thinking about imposing a ban on sleeping in the bed until Monday when Frank and I can break it in together. Once the floor is in we'll have to put all the trim and baseboards back up- that is going to be all Frank. I tried to put the window trim back up today and it was totally a disaster. Apparently I need to practice my hammer wielding skills. Plus he needs to reshim 2 of the doorways. The reason my closet door wouldn't close anymore was because the door frame was apparently not actually attached to anything on the inside so when I removed the trim the whole door frame fell out of the hole! I am so excited to see the room with the new floor. I'm very hopefully that Frank can make some headway with trim work this weekend so next week I can attempt to make Roman shades- it'll be a new adventure! More pics tomorrow.

1 comment:

Reba said...

can't wait to see how it turns out!

we aren't doing anything so big as a room reno, but we are thinking of getting a new (HD) tv and some new clothes for each of us.