Monday, August 15, 2011

Reno progress update

August 15th, Day 8: I'm not sure today can really count as Day 8 seeing as the last 4 days I have been working therefore haven't gotten much done but progress was made today. All of the carpet tack boards are up. Frank closet is officially cleaned out, carpet removed and all trim and floor boards removed. The walls have been vacuumed, washed, spackled and painted..twice! So except for the ceiling which will be done tomorrow when I have better light Frank's closet is done. The ceiling fan is down so I can also finish the touch-ups on the main ceiling tomorrow as well. My closet has been vacuumed, washed, and spackled but the wooden shelves are still partially up so I need to get those down tonight so tomorrow I can do the painting. We don't have a set day yet for the floor installation but I am very hopeful that it will be this week so I am in a hurry to finish the painting. Plan for tomorrow is the finish the ceilings, paint my closet and put the final coat of pain on the walls in the bedroom. I also need to move out all the floorbaords and trim pieces that are sitting in the middle of the floor and bang all the nails out of those. By tomorrow night I want the room completely cleared out and ready in case he can come and install the floor on Wednesday. It's a lot but I think it can be done. I'm feeling somewhat guilty that I have been sending the boys to daycare to get this done but if I had tried to do this with toddlers underfoot I would be stark raving made, they might be locked in their rooms and no one would be happy. So really I am not at all guilty about sending them to daycare- it's more the paying for daycare when I could have them home guilt. I'm guessing the money for daycare is worth my peace of mind and ability to paint in peace! Once the painting is done and the floor is installed comes the herculean task of putting all the trim back up =) I have all new outlets and switches which is easy enough to do... just tedious and then we can start moving furniture back in. Then the fun, decorating part can begin. Oh yeah and shopping for a new KING size bed!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Exciting! Can't wait to see the results of all of your hard work.