Saturday, May 28, 2011

1st trip to the drive-in 2011


So in case you didn't know I love the drive-in! Mostly I love movies, even though I don't get a chance to watch them as much as I used to, but I really love the drive-in. There is just something so fun about camping out to watch a movie. I really look forward to the days when the boys are a bit older and a bit more into sitting still so we can truly enjoy the experience. Right now we spend most of the first movie chasing them down and shushing them but at least we get to enjoy the second movie. We have the extreme luck of living only about 15 minutes away from the Northfield Drive In so as long as I am not working we are there. We took our first excursion of 2011 to the drive in last night. We saw Pirates 4 and Thor. Fresh night air (with no biting insects amazingly) and cheesy good summer action flicks = heaven!



After several years of spending almost every weekend at the drive in we have a nice system going. We have the folding chairs and the cooler filled with snacks- although we usually try to buy some food/snacks at the concession because a. they have awesome fries and b. we really want to drive in to stay open and they make most of their money from concessions so.... We have the neat sheets so when it gets dewy we don't have to get wet. The boys have their own little tent to hang out in and Xander even got to use his John Deere sleeping bag for the first time this year. For sound we use the old boom box that I got for Christmas when I was about 12 years old and as long as you put new batteries in it it works great.


You know summer has arrived when the drive in is open!

No comments: