Friday, February 11, 2011

Sleepy morning at home....

We've been quite busy recently. It seems like almost every morning we have somewhere we need to be, swim class or a dr appointment or daycare, etc. Today our babysitter is sick (hope you are feeling better soon BJ) so daddy stayed home from work to watch the boys. I didn't work last night so my routine on days like today is get up, spend some time with the boys, take them to daycare and then come home and take a nap, go visit the boys at daycare and then go to work. But since daddy was home today I didn't have to take them to daycare and I got to sleep a bit later b/c I didn't have to go and visit them at daycare either. So everyone stayed in their PJs and we had a nice lazy morning at home. The boys actually cuddled on the couch for a bit together- until James decided he'd really rather play than sit quietly and Xander didn't really want to be climbed all over. We made banana bread and I put some lamb ragout in the crock pot so they'd have something to eat after I went to work. The boys just played really nicely together this morning- there wasn't too much fighting over toys or too much wanton destruction. They even went upstairs and played with their trains for a while of their own accord. We let daddy sleep late which is a real treat in our house but much deserved. I even had time to get about 1/3 of the kitchen actually clean! About 11am we had some lunch and I put James down for his nap, Frank put Xander down and then I went to go take my nap. Then I woke up and went to work which was the less fun part of the day but all in all this morning was really nice!

1 comment:

Reba said...

their pictures are so great!!! i am very impressed. it doesn't look like james was being uncooperative at all really. there are a couple very cute ones of them sitting next to each other. i like the table. can't wait to come over and play. i'd love to see the kitchen too. did you do a post about it that i missed? i think naomi is going to love the kitchen when we come over. xo. ps i love the applique shirt idea. she has a t-shirt that says "2" on it already so i will think of other ideas. pps this is funny, my word verification is "pasta!"