Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A visit to the dentist


So I know I posted earlier about going to the Dr a lot but really this is getting pretty ridiculous! Today I had to go back to the dentist b/c I had a cavity that needed to be filled. I have never had a cavity in my entire life and since I got pregnant I have like 4! I have 2 that they filled today and I have 2 more spots that will probably need to get done at my next appointment in 6 months. I guess I'd rather get them taken care of now then have big old honking cavities but it is amazing to me that I can go 30 years with nothing wrong and then have all these start popping up the second I got pregnant- might have something to do with the 9 months of vomiting... Oh yeah and I should lay off the coke zero but I admit it I am an addict!


Anyway today wasn't nearly as bad as I was fearing. There is just something freaky about the idea of someone drilling in your mouth but really the worst part was the nnumbing medicine and I really didn't feel anything at all. It just the noise of the drill. The dentist suggested an ipod and I was like you couldn't have suggested that before I was sitting in your chair! Having a numb mouth is just a bizarre feeling though. My mom met us at the Dr office and she watched the boys in the waiting room while I had my teeth taken care of and I didn't hear any screaming so it must have gone well. After the dentist we took the boys to Shorty's Mexican Roadhouse where they had... guess what... chicken nuggets... Then of course we had to hit LL Bean before heading home. I got some nice new t-shirts and a cool water bottle to use at the gym. I was supposed to be back in Keene by 3 for a staff meeting at work but we were a little late- oh well! At least I made it to the meeting this time!

No comments: